Whether you’re a fan of Trolls the movie or are just looking for an excuse to be incredibly cute and covered in pink, we’ve got you. You’re just a tutu or two away from DIYing your own Poppy the Troll costume this year!
What you need
- Neon pink tutu
- Thick neon pink elastic headband
- Thin blue elastic headband
- Neon pink hair tie
- Sticky felt
- Blue oversized t-shirt
What to do
- On the backside of the sickly blue felt, draw out flowers like Poppy
- Repeat on green sticky felt for flower leaves.
- Place neon pink and blue elastic headbands around neck
- Place tutu around head like a crown
- Use the pick headband to secure the tutu
- Add blue headband for color detail
- Add sticky felt flowers to headbands
- Lay blue t-shirt on a flat surface to cut sleeves on.
- Use a tank top for guidelines if you need, keeping the neckline the same.
- Cut the band from the t-shirt sleeves off, then cut to have a long piece of fabric
- Use this fabric to tie the back of the tshirt together for a tighter fit
- With the white sticky felt, draw out the shapes for her dress (making a stencil with any paper is helpful)
- Cut out your shapes and stick to dress
Complete the look with pink sneakers.
Show us how you made your own DIY troll costume in the comments below!