If you’re the most resourceful human you know, maybe you want to reuse some of that Jet box packaging and turn it into the cutest little snail Halloween costume anyone has ever seen. Snails, cute? You say? Just you wait and see. We’ll show you how to make a DIY Halloween costume and snail your way to the best costume ever.
What you need
- Jet Box
- Jet packing materials
- Purple craft paint
- Styrofoam ball (x2 / 2in)
- Masking tape
- Hot glue gun
What to do
- Flatten packaging into a pile (the more the better)
- Starting at the beginning of the pile, start twisting the paper
- Once you have the pile twisted, start creating your spiral, taping as you go to secure the structure.
- Once you have the right size shell, repeat process to make the other half.
- Tape the two sides of the shell together with clear packaging tape
- Take a jet box and cut two rectangles
- Make 4 slits in the cardboard to thread ribbon through. this will act as straps for your shell
- Hot glue cardboard pieces together, securing the ribbon underneath
- Hot glue/ or tape snell shell to the back of cardboard pieces
- Use ribbon to secure shell to back
- Paint 2 styrofoam balls with the craft paint, let dry (1-3 hours)
- Twist two pipe cleaners together and secure to headband
- Using the package material, start at the headband, wrapping paper around pipe cleaners
- Once purple craft paint has dried, place styrofoam balls at the ends on the pipe cleaners
Complete the look with a earth tone clothing items.